Data Request Policy
Types of Requests
We receive the following types of requests concerning customer data:
- Data Requests. A data request is a request for information or documents relating to customer accounts in connection with official criminal investigations or other official legal proceedings. Except in limited emergency situations (see below), we require data requests to be made through formal Indian legal process and procedures, and we respond to such requests as required by law. Examples of data requests include:
● Court Orders
● Search Warrants
● Legal process received from outside the India may require a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) with India
● Other forms of legal process such as Civil Investigative Demands
- Preservation Requests. A preservation request asks WIPL to preserve customer account records in connection with official criminal investigations or other official legal proceedings. Preservation requests must include the following information:
● Identification of the account(s) at issue (as further described in Section 4 below);
● Identification of the investigating agency and/or specific pending official proceedings (requests must be signed on law enforcement letterhead );
● Assurances that the requesting agency or individual is taking steps to obtain appropriate legal process for access to the data that we are being asked to retain; and
● A valid return email address and phone number.
- Emergency Requests. An emergency request is only appropriate in cases involving imminent serious bodily harm or death. We respond to emergency requests when we believe in good faith that such harm may occur if we do not respond without delay.
Notice to Customers
Our policy is to notify customers of requests for their data unless we are prohibited from doing so by statute or court order.
OR email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information to Include in a Request
The following information must be included in a request for customer data:
- First and last name of the customer and email address associated with the account; and
- Domain name and/or IP address associated with the account.
- We may not be able to respond to a request without this information.Additionally, we reserve the right to request a copy of the complaint and any supporting documentation that demonstrates how the information requested is related to the pending litigation and the underlying subpoena.
Submitting a Request
All requests should be mailed or emailed to the following:
Attn: Grievance Officer
Webspiders Interweb Pvt. Ltd.
304 – Whispering Palms, Subhash Marg, C-Scheme,
Jaipur – 302001. Rajasthan.
OR email to: email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTE: IN THE EVENT YOU SEND US A NOTICE OF ANY KIND VIA EMAIL AND DO NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM US, PLEASE SUBMIT A DUPLICATE COPY VIA PAPER. DUE TO THE VAGARIES OF THE INTERNET AND EMAIL COMMUNICATION IN PARTICULAR, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE BURDENS OF SPAM AND THE OCCASIONAL UNINTENDED EFFECTS OF SPAM FILTERS, SENDING AN ALTERNATE FORM OF NOTICE, WILL HELP ASSURE THAT YOUR NOTICE IS RECEIVED BY US AND ACTED ON IN A TIMELY MANNER.
We may seek reimbursement for costs in responding to requests as provided by law and may charge additional fees for costs in responding to unusual or burdensome requests.
Depending on the type of formal legal process provided, we may be able to respond with one or more of the following types of data:
- Non-Content. We will produce non-content information such as basic subscriber information which may include the following subject to a valid request:
● Email addresses
● Date and time of account creation
● Billing information
● IP Logs
- Content. We will only produce customer content (such as website files and email content) pursuant to a valid search warrant from an entity with proper jurisdiction.