A Fair Usage Policy (FUP) is necessary to ensure our hosting services are used fairly and our services operate reliably for all our customers. Resources provided on our hosting services are governed by this Fair Usage Policy. We reserve the right to impose reasonable limits to reduce your usage or pair you with other users utilizing the same or nearly the same amount of usage if we believe your excessive usage is affecting WIPL’s services/systems or other users.
The client whom, in our reasonable opinion that have breached this FUP will be contacted by EMAIL and asked to upgrade his/her plan to a new VPS/Dedicated Server plan to reduce their excessive usage utilisation. WIPL may also suspend that client’s account prior to notifying if the action is needed to bring stability to our systems/servers. Client’s account suspension prior to notification by WIPL is rare and is only implemented in extreme circumstances and is intended to prevent the misuse of our servers. What is deemed inappropriate or excessive amount of resources will be determined by a number of factors including but not limited to our policies which includes the following :
Processes invoked by the web server, cron, shell or any other method should not exceed the following limitations:
- RAM Consumption ≤ 128 MB
- CPU utilisation time ≤ 15 seconds.
- Number of open files ≤ 64.
- Create core dumps.
- Number of simultaneous processes ≤ 10.
- Execute a script/binary that forks in a way to create a fork bomb.
- Programs may not run in the background or listen on a network port. If you require a bot, service or daemon, you should consider a dedicated server, as very few shared web hosts allow this type of program.
- Simultaneous IIS/Apache connections may not exceed 50 from one individual source at any given time.
- Web processes should not fork or spawn subprocesses.
canada pharmacy online viagra reviews Files and Directories
iNode Limits on our Shared & Reseller Hosting
An iNode is a data structure used to keep information about a file on your hosting account. The number of iNodes indicate the number of files and folders you have. This includes everything on your account, emails, files, folders, anything you store on the server.
There is currently a limit of 100,000 iNodes on our shared accounts.
What is the 100,000 iNode limit?
Shared and Reseller servers only allow 100,000 files per cPanel/website panel account. This is a “hard limit” meaning that while the limit is reached, i.e. the 100,000 file threshold it will no longer be included in our backups. Additionally, if the account happens to exceed 110,000 files then it will be in violation of our Terms of Service and can result in possible suspension.
The total number of iNodes in an account may not exceed 100,000. Every file (a webpage, image, email, php file, directory, etc.) on your account uses up one (1) iNode. This is not something we actively enforce and it will only become an issue if a client is causing problems for other people on the server. We will of course notify you if this is the case with a full explanation.
A directory cannot contain more than 3,000 immediate child files. This includes subdirectories themselves, but does not include files contained within those directories.
Database Restrictions at WIPL
- All users are restricted to 15 concurrent MySQL connections.
- Database queries should not exceed 3,500 per hour.
- Database changes (insert/update/delete) should not exceed 1,200 queries per hour.
- Database servers should not be used as a hosted solution. Database access should only be used for the web site hosted by WIPL.
- Remote database access is for administrative purposes only.
- Our attachment limit is 10 MB, you are now allowed to send files in excess of 10 MB.
- The limit of outbound mail is set to 25 recipients to maintain the server performance. You are allowed to send maximum 300/mails/hour from your domain.
- POP connections are limited to 60 per hour.
- SMTP connections (outbound email connections) are limited to 300 per hour per server account.
- Mailing lists larger than 300 will require a semi dedicated, VPS, or dedicated server from us. Dividing one list into smaller parts to get around this limit is not allowed.
- Any mailing list must be throttled so that it sends an email every 6 seconds at the very minimum. If the mailing list software you are using doesn’t support throttling you must use something else. We do this as this keeps the server load from going very high and causing problems for other users. If you don’t do this you will be suspended.
- We do not allow you to send to a mailing list you were given or that you bought. This is spamming and we have zero tolerance for this.
- No Direct SMTP mailing system scripts are permitted. Mail should be relayed through the local MTA.